Workout Of the Day
A. Push Press
B. 15 Minutes AMRAP:
15 Push Press (95/65)
15 Hang Power Cleans (95/65)
15 Wall Balls (20/14)
Hope the NBC is going well for everyone! My favorite part about this challenge is making/finding new recipes :) I ordered Danielle Walker's recipe book Against All Grain via Amazon and am extremely happy! Everything in her book is gluten/grain/dairy free so really follows the NBC guidelines. To get the first night started off right, I tried her sesame-orange chicken and thought i'd share...If you guys have any awesome recipes for juices/snacks/meals, post on our FB page to spread some yummy food ideas. Hope you enjoy!
Slow Cooker Sesame-Orange Chicken
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used chicken breasts)
1/3 cup coconut aminos
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons orange juice (I freshly squeezed an orange to eliminate added sugar)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Garnish: sesame seeds
1. Tim any visible fat from the chicken, then place it in a single layer in the bottom of a slow cooker.
2. Place the remained ingredients, except sesame seeds, in a bowl, whisk together, and pour over the chicken.
3. Turn the chicke once to ensure even coating
4. Cook the chicken on low for 4 hours
5. Remove the chicken from the sauce and cut it into cubes.
6. Spoon any fat off the top of the sauce, then transfer the sauce to a small pan.
7. Simmer the sauce over medium heat for 20 minutes, until it has reduced by half and is thick and shiny.
8. Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds
*I served over cauli-rice